Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing 9

Finding friends in facebook. This is in some ways easier than I thought it should be. I added my kids and a friend I knew participated in Facebook but when I actually typed in names of many other friends I discovered none of them are on facebook. I have had a couple of friend requests but have not responded yet - I am still contemplating how many people to include and whether I really want to include people I only know through other people or casually - some feel the more friends the merrier but I am not sure I agree. I am still more likely to send a private message than post something on the wall for all to see. I joined one group - the Texas Library Association and became a fan of the Texas Rangers. I am still looking at other groups to possibly join such as a quilters group or perhaps a book club. I think belonging to several groups or becoming a fan of several things will be more information than I want to sort through on a daily basis. My daughter says she just ignores the postings from all of the various groups she is a fan of - but what's the point of joining if you are just going to ignore it. I guess I am still not really with it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment