Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thing 8

I had heard all about Facebook mostly from my kids but had never looked at it. I was a little more intrigued when a friend said she had joined and was having a great time connecting with her old high school friends but still not enough to do anything. It was easy to create the Facebook account not as easy to navigate the site - again too much information with ads and pictures and different options all over the page. I did not put a lot of information in my profile partly because of the privacy concerns but also because part of me wonders who really cares about my favorite books. It seems like such a ME generation thing - I find it hard to believe that people really want to know what I'm doing today. I did enjoy looking at friends from high school who are listed in Facebook and I discovered when typing my own name into the search box that there are 20 pages of people who have the same name. I guess this is where more information in the profile can be helpful - I may go back and add my maiden name to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment