Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing 10

I watched the tutorial about Ning and that didn't seem too complicated but then I read the article about Ning and their use of networks and that made me think twice. I wonder just how many of these social networking sites there are and it seems belonging to them would take a huge amount of time. I did search several areas of interest - libraries, book clubs, quilting, education and even for home inspection (my husband's occupation). The number of possible networks to join was overwhelming 5,000+ for some networks. Some are recognizable such as ALA and I would feel comfortable joining them but then there was the Second Life Librarians network that was not what I expected. I find it tedious to go through and view the different networks to see if one is a good match. Since I didn't set up an account I can't compare it to Facebook as to ease of use and quality of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment