Friday, July 24, 2009

Library Worm

This is another one of those sites I found a bit overwhelming - too many sites to sort through. I looked at the feed categories and subjects andfound that they were more general and when you clicked on a link (I tried school libraries) pages and pages of links came up. On one of the sites there were over 500 pages and there is no way I am willing to go through all of those - I suffer from information overload. Using the phrase search I typed in Teen Read Week using all three options - any words, all words and exact phrase - better results more manageable but still a large number of sites to comb through. I need to learn how to refine my searches but this will take time playing around with the site. I do have another site that lists 100 places to connect with Bibliophiles Online. I like it because it is a manageable number for me and the sites are grouped into categories such as book collectors, blogs, librarians etc. It does include links to several sites we have explored during 23 things such as Ning and Librarything. Here is the URL:
http://oedb.org/library/beginning-online-learning/100_places_to_connect_with_bibliophiles_online

I tried using the share this link to put it on this blog but it didn't seem to work. I will have to work on that option.

No comments:

Post a Comment