Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Library Thing

I am completing the 23 things in order and was anxious to get to this thing which I found very interesting. I wasn't sure about cataloging my library especially since I don't have much of an "adult" library, I get most of the books I read from my public library. So I decided to catalog some of the hundreds of childrens books I own (from having taught pre-school for many years) eventhough I thought others on the site might think this was strange, but then again there is a group devoted to children's fiction so maybe not. The cataloging was pretty easy to do but it isn't something I would probably continue. I looked into some of the groups and joined the Librarians group - many of their discussions looked interesting and helpful, such as the one on what to recommend to those girls who have finished the Twilight series. The I See Dead People's Books looked interesting and would be something to look at again maybe when I am retired with lots of spare time. Overall one of the most helpful sites so far for a small school librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment